- The next Conference of the Comite’ Maritime International (CMI) shall take place in Tokyo from 4-8 April 2022
- The next Assembly of the CMI is planned around on or about 30 September 2021 either as correspondence Assembly or via Zoom or MS Teams
- The last Correspondence Assembly of the Comite’ Maritime International (CMI) was held on 30 June 2020
- The Assembly and Colloquium of the Comité Maritime International (CMI) was held in Mexico City from 30 September – 2 October 2019 . More details press here
- The Comité Maritime International (CMI) held its Assembly meeting and other events in London on 8/9 November 2018. For more information press here
At the Assembly meeting Dr Ann Fenech, President of the MMLA, was elected CMI Vice President. She is the first Maltese to be elected to such a position within the CMI. Dr Fenech’s election is considered as a very valuable addition to the profile of Maritime Malta world wide as it will mean that Maritime Malta will also be represented at the highest levels of international maritime law.
- The 24th European Maritime Law Organisation (EMLO) Annual Confererence was held in London on 25/26 October 2018. For more infomation kindly visit the EMLO website or contact EMLO at email@example.com
- A high level technical Colloquium on a Draft International Instrument on Foreign Sale of Ships and their Recognition was held in Malta on 27th February 2018. For more information press here.
- The CMI Assembly Meeting & Seminar was held in Genoa on 7 – 8 September 2017. Topics on the agenda included Ship Financing, Offshore Activities, the Hanjin Bankruptcy, Refugee Migration at Sea and the US law on Bunker Supply contracts and its effect on the international arrest of ships. For more information please visit the event website. At the Assembly meeting Dr Ann Fenech was unanimously re-elected to a second term on the CMI Executive Council (see news)